Bank On Chicago and One Summer Chicago have teamed up to provide you with FREE bank options. Our bank partners have agreed to offer products that have no monthly fees or minimums and no overdraft.
In other words, the best account options possible.
Why should you use a bank account instead of a check casher? Bank accounts:
- Have no check cashing fees
- Keep your money safe
- Make it easier to save
Also, many banks have mobile apps, so you can check your balance , track spending, and deposit checks by taking a picture with your phone.
Check out this video to learn more!
What’s direct deposit, and why should I use it?
Direct deposit means that your paycheck is automatically deposited into your bank account. You get your money faster, because you don’t have to go through the hassle of cashing the check. It’s also safer, because you don’t have to carry the check and/or cash with you.
What are your bank account options?
How do I choose a bank account?
Here are some things to consider:
How do I sign up for a bank account?
Once you know which bank account you want, you will need:
You can sign up in the following ways:
- At orientation. Your employer will have bank partners at orientation, so you can sign up for account right there.
- Online. Some bank partners allow you to sign up for a bank account online.
- TCF Free Student Checking: https://www.tcfbank.
- First Midwest Student Checking: http://www.
- At a bank branch. You can walk into a bank branch and open an account. See the links above for bank locations.